Middle Eastern style mashed chickpeas salad. Use as a dip for bread or veggies. Also great as a sandwich spread.
Humus has become a staple in many households. Try different flavor add-ins like artichoke hearts and spinach, or pine nuts and kalamata olives, or curry powder and coconut milk. Use your favorite online search engine and let your imagination take flight!
- 1 ea can organic garbanzo beans
- 2 ea cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 ea lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley minced fine
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup green onion minced
- cayenne pepper optional
To process by hand:
- Put all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mash with a potato masher. Mash and stir, adding water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is attained.
To process in a blender or food processor:
- Put all ingredients in the work bowl or blender jar. Add about ¼ cup water and pulse. Continue to pulse, adding water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is attained.
- Taste and adjust salt, lemon, tahini to preference.
- Serve with pita bread, raw veggies for dipping, and/or in wrap sandwiches with shredded veggies tucked inside.