The human body is a marvelous creation. It tells us how it is doing every day. It speaks when it’s doing great, just like it speaks and when things aren’t so wonderful. Many of us ignore the messages our bodies send. But that’s the beauty of it – the body gives a ton of signals to alert us when it’s in need of something so we can do what’s necessary to achieve optimal health. Perhaps our greatest challenges are paying attention and acting on the signals we receive.
Use these strategies to tune in to what your body is telling you:
* Assess how you feel each morning. The early morning hours are can be an ideal time to listen for the body’s signals. At that time of day, it’s often very quiet, so you can pay closer attention to the physical signals.
* Determine if you experience any new aches when getting out of bed.
* Figure out if you wake up feeling lousy, even after a sound night’s sleep.
* See if you wake up with any ailments that you didn’t go to sleep with.
* Check to see if you are alert and well-rested or groggy and tired even before your day begins.
Compare the effects of different food choices. As we go through our routines day by day, it’s sometimes tough to maintain proper nutrition. Especially if you’re always on the go, you may end up making some questionable food choices. If that happens, it’s important to notice what kind of impact your food choices have on your body. From there you can make informed decisions about the best foods to fuel your body. (read more…)