Volunteer with PBNM
As a Non-Profit Organization, we rely heavily on the gifts of Time and Talent! We would not have been able to make the great strides we’ve already made without the passionate efforts of a great many dedicated people. But this is only the beginning, and we know it. As with any organization, there are many ways for a person to be of service, and we greatly appreciate every effort on behalf of moving our message forward. For those seeking opportunities to help, we offer many options. If any peak your interest, or if you have suggestions as to other ways you’d like to help, please let us know!!! Below are some ideas …
Are you passionate about the power of plant-based nutrition to change the trajectory of someone’s health?
Are you a “take charge” type who likes to “take the bull by the horns” and make things happen?
Are you a “hands on” kind of person who loves to dive into projects but prefer to let someone else take the lead?
Do you love the feeling of helping someone to make a real difference in their lives?
Are you frustrated that more people don’t know about the power of food and you want to help amplify that message?
Interested in Volunteering? Let us know what interests you and Subscribe to our Newsletter in one easy step!
Culinary Volunteers – Professional & Amateur
- Prepare on site and present simple, tasty WFPB-No oil dishes to gatherings of various sizes and share with them information about the plant-based lifestyle
- These can be done in small teams where one party does the food prep while another makes the general WFPB presentation
- Depending on the size of the group, additional volunteers may be needed
- Discuss potential events and venues
- Identify target market for event (ie students, doctors, schools, churches, etc)
- Identify potential venue/s
- Provide pertinent details to PBNM staff for flyer creation, online publicity, press, etc.
- Coordinate the gathering of all necessary items for event (food, food service items, etc.)
For each of our events, large and small, we need people to do a variety of things, like:
- Take photos that can be uploaded to social media or included Press Releases, etc
- Video the event
- Perhaps Facebook Live or YouTube Live the event
- Be sure each visitor at the event signs our Guest Register (if there is formal registration for the event, this will simply be checking their name off the list; if they are not on the list, ask that they complete the basic guest list info…name, email (clearly printed), city, state
- Be sure that each visitor to our events feels welcome, and knows where to find whatever they need
- If there will be “signage” at the events, we may need help creating the signs
- Making sure each guest and participant at the event gets a name badge
- Provide activity support at the events, including such things as passing out materials, monitoring food tables, answering general questions from the audience, and guiding guests as needed
- Conduct PBNM Cooking Classes
- Create and share WFPB-No Oil recipes
- Prepare meals and/or snacks for PBNM events (Immersions, Screenings, Live Presentations, Fund Raisers, etc.)
- Annual PBNM Spring into Health 5K
- Finding and connecting with Donors and Sponsors
- Health Immersions
- Public Screenings of Documentaries
- Speaker events by both Local and Nationally recognized presenters
- Sharing PBNM content on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Creating & Distributing PBNM promotional material
- Creating and submitting PBNM promotional information to local media
- PBNM Merchandise (not yet available) – T-shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Stickers, etc
- Visit local restaurants, speak with head chef or owner about including a WFPB-No Oil option on their menu (PlantPure Nation has some great material)
- Distribute WFPB-No Oil material to Restaurants
- Determine their current WFPB offerings (if any) and whether they are, or can be, prepared oil-free
- Offer to have PBNM help them “healthify” their menu
- We can provide an insert for their menu to help publicize the WFPB option
- We will include their restaurant on our site and help promote them to sites like Happy Cow
- Contact Physician offices to determine whether they promote WFPB to their patients and would like to be added to our database for public awareness
- Contact Physician offices to determine whether we could present WFPB info to them and their staff
- Distribute PBNM information to Physician’s offices
- Are you great with WordPress?
- Are you great with managing databases?
- Photographers / Videographers for our events. Attend and help visually document our events, large and small. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Help us visually get those words out!
- This is a more open-ended option and can include things such as assisting the presenters at food demonstrations with setting up the venue, passing out literature, distributing food, picking up plates and utensils, cleaning up afterwards