Tender mixed leafy greens. Easy to prepare. So nourishing, so delicious! And look at all the “hearty” in this dish…simple, but yet it’s a full, nutrient-rich meal!
Mixed Leafy Greens
- mix of any combination of leafy greens will do
- 2 ea medium white onions, chopped
- 1 ea leek thoroughly washed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 ea red bell peppers diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 cups mushroom broth
- 1/2 bag chopped prewashed curly kale
- 1 bunch curly mustard greens
- 1 bunch golden beet greens
- 1 bunch red chard
- 1 bunch daikon radish greens
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- liquid natural smoke to taste
- Wash and chop all the greens.
- Use a large pot. Bring it up to mercury ball temperature. Watch this short https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB-SCA1reqE video to learn about mercury ball temperature.
- When your pot is hot enough add the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté to prevent burning, adding splashes of broth if needed to prevent sticking. When onions are translucent, reduce the heat to medium, add the kale, and allow it to cook down. Then add the other greens gradually, stirring to combine. Add crushed red pepper, salt and liquid smoke, if using. Add the remaining broth to create pot liquor. Cover and simmer till tender.
- Serve in your favorite style or eat mixed with rice and beans. If you use the daikon radishes, medium dice and roast them. Then add them to your plate with the greens.