A cool and refreshing, nutrient-rich delight for any time of the year! Loaded with anti-oxidants and fiber, you’ll love, not just the flavor, but how it makes you feel!
Beet Smoothie with Berries
- 1 ea small raw beet
- 1 ea ripe banana
- 2 ea medium apples
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce about 8 oz
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds/meal
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds, hulled or ground
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup heaped blueberries
- as much water as needed for desired consistency
- 1/2 tsp agar-agar great iodine source for plant-based eaters
- Peel the beetroot and cut into smaller chunks.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Add water if necessary. Enjoy!