Secretly healthy chickpea blondies made with chickpeas, peanut butter, pure maple syrup and chocolate. The chickpeas are totally below the radar in this recipe! Flourless and no added oils!
Original recipe by Ambitious Kitchen, Adapted to be oil-free
Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
- 15 oz organic chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips plus 2 tbsp
- 1 oz water to assist puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a food processor or highspeed blender, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips. Note: Batter will be thick and super delicious, and you could actually just eat it on its own!
- Spread batter evenly in the baking dish then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Then cut into squares.