Servings 6 servings
Salsa Pizza Sauce
- 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized tomato seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 handful cilantro fresh herb, leaves and small stems
- ¼ tsp coriander seed ground
- ¼ tsp cumin ground
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 fresh jalapeño finely diced
- salt and pepper to taset
- Corn kernels grilled, or lightly pan charred inwith ¼ tsp vhili powder
- Mushrooms thinly sliced
- Black beans or kidney beans
- 1 Fresh jalapeño thinly sliced (used the veins and seeds for extra heat)
- 1 Avocado thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Cilantro fresh herb leaves
Instructions for the Salsa Sauce
- Prepare dough for the crust. See Recipe Notes section below for a recipe, if needed.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse a couple of times. The consistency should be a bit chunky.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Set aside.
Pizza Assembly Instructions
- Divide and roll out prepared dough or pizza crust base into your desired pizza size and shape.
- Place salsa pizza sauce and toppings, except for the beans, avocado, and cilantro, on top of prepared dough.
- Bake at 445°F, until crust is golden around edges.
- Remove pizza from oven.
- Add remaining topping ingredients, slice and serve.
This recipe has been adapted from https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/mexican-pizza/ Find the recipe for the crust at https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/wfpb-pizza-crust-oil-free-vegan-recipe/#gs.dmz1nm