Salsa Pizza Sauce
- 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized tomato seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 handful cilantro fresh herb, leaves and small stems
- ¼ tsp coriander seed ground
- ¼ tsp cumin ground
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 fresh jalapeño finely diced
- salt and pepper to taset
- Corn kernels grilled, or lightly pan charred inwith ¼ tsp vhili powder
- Mushrooms thinly sliced
- Black beans or kidney beans
- 1 Fresh jalapeño thinly sliced (used the veins and seeds for extra heat)
- 1 Avocado thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Cilantro fresh herb leaves
Instructions for the Salsa Sauce
Prepare dough for the crust. See Recipe Notes section below for a recipe, if needed.
Preheat oven to 450°F
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse a couple of times. The consistency should be a bit chunky.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Pizza Assembly Instructions
Divide and roll out prepared dough or pizza crust base into your desired pizza size and shape.
Place salsa pizza sauce and toppings, except for the beans, avocado, and cilantro, on top of prepared dough.
Bake at 445°F, until crust is golden around edges.
Remove pizza from oven.
Add remaining topping ingredients, slice and serve.
This recipe has been adapted from https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/mexican-pizza/
Find the recipe for the crust at https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/wfpb-pizza-crust-oil-free-vegan-recipe/#gs.dmz1nm